Welcome to Buffalo Camping And Canoe located in the Gilbert General Store. (est. 1901) Book your float trip here. We offer a variety of trips. Day trips that range from 4-10 miles. Most of our day trips start upstream from Gilbert and end here where we have private parking area.
Want to rough it?? Take up to a week or two and float the entire river. (149 miles)
We offer old town canoes, old town twister kayaks (new this year-sit on tops) and 6 man river rafts. Also new this year tandem kayaks. (very limited supply Must call to reserve)
Boat rental includes life jackets, paddles and a mesh trash bag. (please note we do not provide these items for private boats)
Reservations are suggested for weekend and holidays as we will book out. Reservations are not required for weekdays (other than Memorial Day Monday) Normally we have plenty of canoes available. If you have a large group advance notice would be appreciated. Give us a call and we can pencil you in for quicker service.
Safety Reminders for floaters:
1. Canoeing is a risk sport.
2. Intoxication is a ticket-able offense.
3. Use of sunscreen is highly recommended.
4. Diving and cliff jumping is not recommended.
5. Check under and around water before swimming.
6. Walk down and look over the Gilbert landing. (This will be your takeout point)
Upon reaching the Gilbert landing, please place paddles, PFD's and trash in canoe
and pull canoe up on bank.
State of Arkansas Waterway Laws:
1. No glass or Styrofoam allowed on the river.
2. Children 12 years of age and under MUST wear a personal flotation device (PFD)
while in canoe. Everyone is encouraged to wear one.
3. Mesh trash bag must be secured to canoe. (provided by BCC)
4. All Coolers and/or gear must be secured to canoe.
5. All beverages not in coolers must be a float-able holder.
Reservation policy: Prepayment is required at time of booking with a visa/MasterCard or Discover. If you cancel 14 days prior to your float trip date there will be a $40 cancellation fee. Your card will be refunded within 10 days. If you cancel within the 14 days prior to your float date your deposit is forfeited. No refund.
Our float season is limited and we will turn away people for Saturdays and holidays, so we must observe a tight policy on cancellations.
Exceptions: If the National Park Service was to close the river due to high waters or if we suggest the river is to high for your experience level. Example: No children will be put out on the river in the experience level.
ALL Cancellations MUST be made by phone. (870)-439-2888 Phone messages, emails and letters will not be acceptable due their unreliability to be received.
Buffalo Camping and Canoeing is authorized concessionaire within Buffalo National River to provide canoe and transportation services.