BUFFALO CAMPING & CANOEING is one of the oldest and most unique canoe concessionaries on the Buffalo National River. BUFFALO CAMPING & CANOEING operates out of the historic Gilbert General Store. We offer a wide variety of lodging, floating, and shuttle services to fit your vacation plans.
All of our accommodations are within walking distance of the Buffalo National River. In fact, our cabins and canoe rental are the closest you'll find to the river! Our float services include Canoes, Kayaks, and Rafts for single or multi-day trips. Let BUFFALO CAMPING & CANOEING outfit you for your Buffalo River experience!
A Message to Visitors
BUFFALO CAMPING & CANOEING wants you and your group to enjoy our backyard as much as we do, but there are some things to keep in mind.
Arkansas Waterway Laws
- No glass of any kind is allowed on the river.
- Open beverages of any kind must be in a floatable container while in the watercraft.
- Children 13 years of age or younger must wear Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) at all times while in the watercraft.
- All floaters must have a PFD in the watercraft.
- Coolers and gear must be secured to the watercraft.
- Diving is not recommended.
- Use sunblock, even on cloudy days.
- Keep all trash in secured containers.
- Pick up any trash you may come across.